2/6/09

I watch a ridiculous amount of TV.

I recently realized that I've been watching alot of TV. Oddly this has not made me less productive. If anything I feel like I concentrate better when I have some TV on in the background. At least it keeps me sane while I'm working from home.

I actually don't DVR shows much anymore, I've finally joined the growing group of people who download television. All you need is uTorrent and tvRSS and you're set. Having a big hardrive to put your downloads in helps :)

Shows I'm currently watching:

1. House



This show is awesome. The acting is good, the medicine seems realistic enough, and they succeed in bringing up ethical issues without preaching to the audience.

2. Friday Night Lights



My friends Eric and Vish have been talking about this show forever, so I finally took the time to watch through the first season. Possibly one of the best television shows ever made. If you haven't made time to watch it, do so.

3. Burn Notice



If the fact that Bruce Campbell is on this show isn't enough to convince you of how awesome it is, then you're a lost cause in my book. When I first saw the previews for this, it seemed like a show I would never spend any time on but after watching the first few episodes I got hooked. It's a funny, intelligent and highly entertaining.

4. How I Met Your Mother



Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Segel really make this show what it is. Possibly the two funniest people on television.

5. Trust Me



Only three episodes in but I'm already hooked. Been a big fan of Thomas Cavanagh since "Ed", glad to see him in a lead role again.

I'm not listing a bunch of shows that don't need plugging, since everyone knows they're awesome like The Office, 30 Rock, Lost, etc.

3 comments:

  1. how are you going to talk tv, and plug friday night lights, and use the poster for the movie and not the tv show? where is julie? tyra? lyla? come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a huge fan of HIMYM ever since I first saw it. NPH is the clear star of the show, but Jason Segel and the rest of the cast make the rest of the show entertaining enough in between moments of NPH greatness.

    You watch more TV than me, but my list is something like this:
    HIMYM, The Office, Grey's Anatomy (for Laura), House, Dexter and Entourage.

    Between those shows, TF2, and L4D, it's a good time to be alive.

    ReplyDelete